• City of Tacoma QA
  • City of Tacoma OpenData


Click to subscribe

“Entertainment and Dancing” means the activity of providing entertainment or dancing at an establishment or location open to the public, including private clubs.


An Entertainment/Dancing license is required for any business conducting this activity.  The license application requires review by Planning & Development Services, Fire, Police and Tax & License Compliance prior to the activity being conducted for the protection of public welfare, health and safety of citizens.   


Approval can be obtained by submitting an application and fee to the Tax & License office.  The application will be routed to the appropriate City departments for review. 



Entertainment/Dancing – Liquor Served

Entertainment/Dancing – No Liquor

Written Safety Plan


Please allow up 10-15 business days to receive notice of approval or denial of your license.


Have Security Personnel?

Security personnel working at entertainment establishments in the City limits of Tacoma are required, go through a background check, complete a security training course and apply for a license, for more information visit our Security Personnel page.


Additional Information 

You can find more information about licensing requirements in: