As Interim City Attorney, Bill Fosbre is responsible for all legal matters of the City of Tacoma. He manages the operations of three divisions: the Civil Division, the Prosecution Division, and the City Clerk’s Office.
Mr. Fosbre originally started with the City of Tacoma in 1999 as an Assistant City Attorney in the Prosecution Division and was later appointed Division Supervisor in 2000. He left the City of Tacoma in 2002 to serve as the Snohomish County Director of District Administration until 2005 when he returned to the City Attorney’s Office's Civil Division. He was promoted to Chief Deputy City Attorney in 2008, and appointed Interim City Attorney in 2017.
A graduate of Seattle University School of Law, Mr. Fosbre also has a Master of Arts degree in political science and a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology from Western Washington University.
Mr. Fosbre is a member of the Washington State Bar Association, United State District Court for the Western District of Washington, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, United States Supreme Court, and the Washington State Association of Municipal Attorneys.
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law
- Master of Arts in political science, Western Washington University
- Bachelor of Arts in sociology, Western Washington University
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Washington State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Washington State Association of Municipal Attorneys