The City of Tacoma is driving positive change with the installation of 12 Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations available for public use. The Level 2 units work for Chevrolet Volt, Nissan Leaf and all other electric cars that use the J1772 standard.
The charging stations are located at the following facilities:
- Two stations at the Pacific Plaza Garage, located at 1125 Commerce Street
- Two stations at the Museum of Glass, located at 1801 Dock Street
- Two stations at the 'A' Street Garage, located at 110 South 10th Street
- Four stations at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center - Lot A, located at 1500 Broadway (Access A-Lot via 17th & Market Street)
- Two stations at Cheney Stadium
Cost for use is $3 per charging session, payable with a credit card on the charger unit. The chargers shut off automatically when a battery is fully charged.