The TacomaArt listserv is a two-way email list where subscribers receive and can post information regarding upcoming events, calls to artists, grant opportunities, live/work space info, and jobs in the arts. The list reaches 1200+ artists, arts organizations, and art lovers.
Subscribing and Unsubscribing
Click below to subscribe or unsubscribe. Your default email program will launch; hit 'send' and you're done.
Alternatively, you can manually email firstname.lastname@example.org with either 'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' in the subject line. Do not include any other text or automatic signature in the subject line or body of the message. This is an automated system. You must follow these directions exactly or your subscription will not work.
Once you are subscribed you will receive an automated confirmation. Please note: by subscribing to this listserv, your e-mail address is considered public information and can be shared, upon request, under the Public Disclosure Act.
To post a message, send it to TacomaArt@list.cityoftacoma.org. It will automatically be sent to everyone on the list.
Attachments must be no larger than 2MB. Due to the automated nature of this listserv, any attachments larger than this will not be posted and will result in blocking the entire message.
The listserv software blocks emails which it considers spam. This includes emails which contain multiple addresses in the To:, CC:, and BCC: lines. The software also blocks emails in which the TacomaArt email address is placed in the BCC: line. To ensure your post goes through, please put Tacomaart@list.cityoftacoma.org in the To: line of the email and do not include any other email addresses.
Where possible please include web address links to share posted information.
Receiving too many emails from the listserv? You have the option to receive posts as a daily digest. If you would like to switch your subscription to a daily digest email you can do one of the following:
The purpose of the Listserv is to:
It is not the purpose of this Listserv to:
- Post information about arts related events, exhibits, and happenings
- Post opportunities related to the arts and/or opportunities beneficial to artists (i.e. calls to artists, art supply sales, appropriate artist studio space, etc..)
- Ask questions/request information directly related to the arts. Please note: responses must come directly back to you this is not meant to open up discussion. If others are interested in replies, the person requesting information can ‘digest the answers’ and share them with the group.
- Discuss or critique postings with the entire listserv
- Establish an open dialogue of topics (there are several blogs in town that serve this purpose successfully)
- Post your artwork/photographs
Misuse of the Listserv
Subscribers who misuse the listserv may be removed temporarily or blocked permanently at the discretion of the list manager. Misuse may take many forms including but not limited to:
- posting off-topic messages
- using abusive language
- violating city, state, county or federal law
- use of system to support or oppose a political candidacy or ballot initiative
This listserv is maintained by the City of Tacoma . It is not moderated however. Consistent with these policies, the City of Tacoma maintains the right to suspend or remove offenders who misuse the listserv or discontinue listserv service all together.
The City of Tacoma is not responsible for content sent over the listserv. Information provided to the City of Tacoma, including your email address, is subject to disclosure under the Public Records Act, Chapter 42.56 of the Revised Code of Washington.