The Tacoma Fire Department allows visits to neighborhood fire stations to interested educational and community groups. All requests for visits must be processed and approved through Fire Headquarters.
As a result of budget reductions for 2013-2014, the Tacoma Fire Department will be offering group fire station tours at three designated stations only. Tours will be offered on Mondays and Wednesdays, the first and third weeks of each month, from 9 AM - 11 AM, alternating monthly between Stations 8, 11, and 13.
The following guidelines regarding group station tours have been implemented to ensure the safety of the visiting groups and to assist TFD firefighters with better time management in fulfilling their community service duties.
- The group must be in the City of Tacoma.
- Fire station tours must be scheduled at least three weeks in advance.
- Fire station tours last 20 - 30 minutes.
- The maximum number of participants is 30 and requires one chaperon for every five children. This must be kept in mind when touring the station. Therefore, appropriate ratios of children to chaperons are required.
- Visits may only be scheduled between 9 AM - 11 AM.
- Only one visit per day, per fire station can be scheduled. All dates are subject to availability. If you have more than one group, you will need to submit a separate request for each group and their visits will need to be scheduled on different days. Please recognize that we cannot pull crews out of service for extended periods of time and still maintain appropriate staffing to handle potential emergency responses.
- We will do our best to honor our scheduled appointments. However, the station visit may be canceled at the last minute with no notification due to emergency response or firefighter training requirements. We apologize in advance if this happens to you and will be happy to reschedule at a later date.
If you would like to schedule a fire station tour, please complete the Station Tour Form (253) 591-5738, or contact the Fire Headquarters.