Jack Kelanic is the director of the City of Tacoma's Information Technology Department. He is responsible for establishing the City’s technology vision and leading technology advancement in support of the City’s broader mission and objectives. His scope of responsibilities include
- IT strategy
- IT governance and risk management
- Program and portfolio planning
- IT infrastructure operations
- SAP business applications services
- Customer support services
- Telecommunication services
- Digital government services
Before his appointment in Tacoma, Jack served as the chief information systems director for the Los Angeles Unified School District.
Jack Kelanic holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering from Vanderbilt University.