Planning and Development Services 2017 Public Forums
The Planning and Development Services (PDS) Department is holding a series of public forums from February to May 2017. These monthly forums will provide an orientation about how the planning and development process works, what information is used, how decisions are made, what opportunities the public has to comment and participate, and how the City assesses and manages the ongoing impacts from growth and development.
This PDS Overview document, provides the background information about who we are and what we do as a department.
Forum Dates and Locations
Monday, February 13, 2017, 6-8 PM, Downing Elementary School
2502 N Orchard Street, Tacoma, WA 98406
Monday, March 13, 2017, 6-8 PM, Gray Middle School
6229 S Tyler Street, Tacoma, WA 98409
Monday, April 10, 2017, 6-8 PM, Meeker Middle School
4402 Nassau Ave NE, Tacoma, WA 98422
Monday, May 8, 2017, 6-8 PM, First Creek Middle School
1801 E 56th Street, Tacoma, WA 98404
Opening Remarks: Peter Huffman, Director, Planning and Development Services
Presentation: Growth Management Overview
- Permits and Inspections 101: Talk to staff about how to apply for permits, why you should apply, and what to expect
- What’s the Plan for My Neighborhood? Learn about the One Tacoma Plan and how it is implemented through zoning, capital facilities, and private development projects.
- Development Review: Permitting and development review includes many different City staff and areas of expertise. Learn more about how staff reviews projects and how you can make an impact on the projects you care about.
- Historic Preservation Program: Preservation staff can show you how to find historic information on your home or business as well as share upcoming events.
- Innovation Team Presents: Putting permit and development information in your hands.
- Long Range Planning Work Program: Where to find information about the long range planning work program, including potential area wide rezones, and what to expect from the process.
- There will be drawing materials, books and maps to provide entertainment for young children.
Some light refreshments will be provided by Lumpia World.
To learn more about Planning and Development in Tacoma, check out:
One Tacoma Plan Tutorial
One Tacoma Plan
Permit application and development review