To Apply for a Residential Parking Zone, there must be a Petitioner
In order to begin the process for creating a Residential Parking Zone (RPZ) a designated petitioner must be appointed in order to fulfill certain requirements for the application process.
Responsibilities of a Petitioner
A petitioner must be willing to:
- Be the person of record and act as the primary contact for the Residential Parking Program (RPP) request
- Take on the responsibility for RPP zone notifications
- Maintain outreach integrity during the process of gathering support
- Compile evidence to support the RPP zone creation should it be determined eligible
- Serve as liaison for any community outreach within the boundaries of the requested RPP zone and/or adjacent segments as directed by the City of Tacoma.
Only one petitioner is allowed per an application request for an RPZ. Check your area's petitioner status before applying to be a petitioner.
Interested in Becoming a Petitioner?
Submit an application request to become a petitioner for your area.