Community event organizers can request a fire engine visit. All requests for visits must be processed and approved through Fire Headquarters. The following guidelines will apply.
- The group must be in the City of Tacoma.
- Events must be held at a non-residential location.
- Purpose of participation shall not be for medical stand-by or other emergency service function that is otherwise required by Fire Code.
- Fire Department shall not participate in election campaign or other political events.
- Fire engine visits must be scheduled at least three weeks in advance.
- Visits may not be scheduled earlier than 10 AM.
- Visits may not be scheduled on Sundays.
- Fire engine visits last 20 - 30 minutes. Please recognize that we cannot pull crews out of service for extended periods of time and still maintain appropriate staffing to handle potential emergency responses.
- We will do our best to honor our scheduled appointments. However, the engine visit may be canceled at the last minute with no notification due to emergency response or firefighter training requirements. We apologize in advance if this happens to you.
If you would like to schedule an Engine Visit, please call complete the engine visit request form
or (253) 591-5738, or contact the Fire Headquarters
Fire Engine Visit to a School
As a result of 2013 - 2014 biennial budget reductions, we have discontinued fire engine visits to schools and educational facilities. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.