• City of Tacoma QA
  • City of Tacoma Data

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I Receive my free Green Event Resources?

You will need to coordinate with the Office of Environmental Policy and Sustainability to pick up the bike racks, recycle banner with recycling handouts, Green Event feather flags, and Green Event aprons for volunteers. The pickup location is: 

Center for Urban Waters

326 East D Street

Tacoma, WA 98421


For waste management materials, including water fountains, please contact Mike Sowards at (253) 377-3428 or by email.


Do I need a permit for my event?

For information about required permits, please visit the City's Special Event and Film Permit web page.


How do I learn more about the Green Event Program?

More details about all aspects of the Green Event Program can be found in the comprehensive Green Event Guide designed to help you plan an effective green event.


How do I apply for Environmental Services Event Support?

To apply for Environmental Services Event Support (previously Environmental Services Sponsorship) you must complete the Green Event application (Pre-Event Scorecard and Waste Management Plan) and achieve Green Excellence certification. Additionally, complete the optional ES Event Support form and submit it with your Green Event application a minimum of 60 days before your event.


Typically, ES Event Support includes free or discount in-kind services such as trash, recycling, food waste and portable toilets.


ES Event Support recipients must be not-for-profit organizations and events must be held inside Tacoma city-limits (may be waived at the discretion of the Office of Environmental Policy and Sustainability).