City of Tacoma Minimum Building and Structures Code Revision Survey
Community members and business owners are an important part of helping to make our neighborhoods clean and safe. The City’s Code Compliance Group needs your help to make sure our codes continue to affectively hold property owners accountable for the conditions on their property. Please help us by reviewing the proposed changes to our Minimum Building and Structures Code and filling out the attached ten question survey.
If you have any questions please contact Cindy DeGrosse at (253) 591-5026. Thank you in advance for your input!
The Neighborhood and Community Services Department's Code Compliance Section's mission is to help in maintaining compliance with the Tacoma Municipal Code to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents of the City of Tacoma.
Code Compliance handles the following types of issues:
- Poultry and Pigeons (TMC 5.30)
- Public Nuisance Vehicles (TMC 8.23)
- Public Nuisance Code (TMC 8.30)
- Hazardous Trees/Site Distance Violation (TMC 8.30)
- Construction Complaints (TMC 8.30)
- Right of Way Violation (TMC 8.30)
- Residential Parking Standards (TMC 8.30.050)
- Graffiti (TMC 8.30 and TMC 8.120)
- Noise Violations (TMC 8.122)
- Substandard, Derelict and Dangerous Buildings (TMC 2.01)
- Stop Work Orders (TMC 8.30 and TMC 2.02)
- Residential Rental Inspection (Title 6)
- Tax and License Compliance (Title 6)
- Road Use Compliance (Title 11)
- Land Use Enforcement (Title 13)