Residential customers are eligible to use our Call-2-Haul program at no additional cost, twice per year to dispose of unusable household items that are not part of customer's regular curbside pick up. It’s easy!
How to Use Call-2-Haul
- Check whether your item(s) are accepted.
- You can have up to three large items (large rolls of carpet up to six feet in length and one foot diameter, furniture, power yard equipment, barbecues, large household appliances, and recreation and exercise equipment)
- Up to 15 boxes or bags of small items (small household appliances, lawn chairs, broken toys, strollers and clothing)
- Call to schedule a residential pick up or make an appointment to drop off your items at the Tacoma Recovery & Transfer Center or use our online service request form. For curbside pickup, please follow our set-out guidelines.
Acceptable Call-2-Haul Items
Up to Three Large Items
Up to 15 Boxes and Bags of Smaller or Medium-Sized Household Items
- Appliances (refrigerators, stoves, water heaters, washer/dryers, etc.)
- Barbecues (no propane tanks)
- Carpet (large rolls, limit of six feet in length and one foot in diameter) two rolls equal one large item
- Furniture (sofas, chairs, tables, shelving, mattresses, patio sets, etc.)
- Power yard equipment (remove oil/gas, no riding mowers)
- Recreation/exercise equipment (bikes, skis, treadmills, etc.)
Each box or bag must be light enough for one person to lift.
- Lawn chairs
- Vacuum cleaners
Non-Acceptable Call-2-Haul Items
- Hazardous materials
- Building materials
- Vehicle seats or parts
- Yard waste
For more information on how to dispose of those items visit the garbage
and hazardous materials