Tacoma is home to a thriving regional urban center and the edgy charm of our city manifests itself in an eclectic mix of international businesses. When you do business in Tacoma, you'll be inspired by an extensive shoreline at the edge of a 14,400 foot glaciated peak. Tacoma also maintains a wealth of preserved architectural history which could be the next springboard to your creative future.
Best of all, in Tacoma, the cost to relocate or expand is competitive and opportunities here are extraordinary.
Top 10 reasons for locating your business in the City of Destiny:
1. Well educated, skilled and available workforce with eight higher education institutions, two major military installations, Fort Lewis Army Base and McChord Air Force Base.
2. Second largest city in the nation’s fastest growing real estate market.
3. Competitive business environment with no personal or corporate income tax .
4. Utility costs among the most reasonable in the Pacific Northwest.
5. Excellent interstate, rail, air and sea transportation (Interstate 5, Interstate-705, BNSF Railway, Union Pacific, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport within 18 miles, seventh largest container port in North America).
6. Supportive decision-makers, with one of the most expedient permitting processes in the region.
7. Our investment in fiberoptics within every right-of-way, offering the most secure voice, video and data transmission possible.
8. Access to a deep pool of venture capital providers.
9. Diverse and creative citizenry.
10. Commitment to environmental sustainability.
Tacoma’s Community and Economic Development Department serves as the vital link between businesses and various public and private programs, incentives and services. Most importantly, we’re committed to helping people reach their destiny each and every day. Let it be yours, too. We welcome your inquiry. Call us today at (253) 591-5624 to learn more.
- One of the easiest ways to follow the growth and development of our city is to follow Forward Tacoma, the blog that brings you news about cool events and interesting happenings that advance Tacoma. Whether it’s about our downtown—the South Sound’s downtown—our business districts, neighborhoods, institutions or our people, Forward Tacoma is news you’ll want to share.
- Our Downtown Revival storybook contains information on Tacoma's recent economic development successes.
- The City of Tacoma's Community and Economic Development Department, in partnership with New Home Trends – a data, research and consulting firm – has compiled a Downtown Tacoma Housing Analysis. Be sure to check out an overview of the report or the full analysis (Both reports require Adobe Acrobat for download).