Public Works staff briefed the City Council at the Committe of the Whole meeting on May 1, 2012, on a potential neighborhood street improvement and safety ballot measure. Staff shared the results of a citizen survey, presented by the City Council with a draft timeline to develop the ballot measure, and recommended the formation of a citizen task force. As a resuly, City Council directed staff to facilitate the creation of a council appointed Citizen Neighborhood Street Improvement and Safety Task Force.
The Citizen Neighborhood Street Improvement and Safety Task Force will be composed of 27 citizens appointed by the City Council.
The Task Force will:
• Creating project criteria emphasizing basic maintenance, pothole repair and citizen safety
• Developing a project list that is balanced City-wide to make sure all neighborhoods receive local street and safety improvements
• Recommending strategies to ensure accountability, transparency, and oversight of street maintenance funds
Task Force Members (pdf)
Meeting Schedules & Information
Meetings will be held at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center.
• May 29
: Meeting Agenda
/ Meeting Minutes
• May 29: Task Force Packet
• June 5: Meeting Agenda / Meeting Minutes
• June 12: Meeting Agenda
• June 19: Meeting Minutes
• June 26: Meeting Minutes
• July 10: Meeting Agenda / Minutes
• July 17: Agenda / Minutes
• Pavement 101 Presentation
• City Safety Improvements Map: Map
• City’s Construction Project Web Page: http://www.govme.org/Common/govME/MyTacoma/CityProjects.aspx
For more information, contact: Joshua J. Diekmann, P.E. PTOE , Transportation Engineer, City of Tacoma, Public Works Department email@example.com