The City Council met recently to discuss its strategic priorities for 2012-2013.
The priorities are:
- Create and implement an economic development strategy
- Improve the City's infrastructure and communicate progress to all community stakeholders
- Plan for development along the medical mile on Martin Luther King Jr. Way, including transportation
- Establish a results-oriented administration
- Develop and maintain healthy neighborhoods and families, including maintaining and expanding Community Based Services
- Build citywide support for youth success
- Create a customer service culture of "Yes"
- Strengthen regional cooperation with military, education and social services partners
- Support and challenge the library system to meet the changing needs of the community
- Continue to implement the Climate Action Plan; and evaluate recommendations from other task forces
- Evaluate city services for fit with the City's mission, vision and long-term financial sustainability
- Increase tourism and maximize the use of publicly-owned facilities
More information is available in this presentation.
The City Council will incorporate these priorities into committee work plans, and revisit these topics and action plans at on a quarterly basis to monitor progress.
We provide high-quality, innovative and cost-effective municipal services that enhance the lives of our citizens and the quality of our neighborhoods and business districts.
- Tacoma is a livable and progressive international city, regarded for the richness of its diverse population and its natural setting.
- A safe, clean and attractive community
- A diverse, productive and sustainable economy
- A high-performing, open and engaged government