- May 16, 2013
- Members of the City Council
City of Tacoma, Washington
Dear Mayor and Council Members:
1. As a reminder, since the May 28th Council Meeting has been canceled, there won’t be a Weekly Report or Council packets delivered next Thursday, May 23rd.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
2. The City of Tacoma, led by the Information Technology Department, takes part in the State Electronics Challenge Program and was the first city on the West Coast in 2011 to participate. This program encourages state, regional, tribal, and local governments to:
• Purchase greener electronic office equipment
• Reduce the impacts of computers and imaging equipment during use
• Manage obsolete electronics in an environmentally safe way
Please see the attached memorandum from Information Technology Director Michelle Lewis-Hodges for additional information.
STUDY SESSION/WORK SESSION
3. The City Council Study Session of Tuesday, May 21, 2013, will be held in Room 16 of the Tacoma Municipal Building North, at Noon. Discussion items will be: (1) Taxi Cab Driver and Vehicle License Amendments; (2) Other Items of Interest; (3) Agenda Review; and, (4) Executive Session – Potential Litigation.
At Tuesday’s Study Session, Tax and License Division staff will provide information on proposed amendments to Tacoma Municipal Code Title 6, Taxicab Regulations. The proposed amendments include specifying digital camera requirements for taxicab vehicles and clarifying other safety requirements for taxicab drivers and vehicles.
4. The updated Tentative City Council Forecast Calendar is attached for your information.
5. At last Tuesday’s Council meeting during the discussion of Resolution No. 38673, related to public works projects and acceptance of federal fund grants, Deputy Mayor Campbell requested that Public Works identify the Council Districts where the $31,058,839 in federal grants will be constructed. The following is the list of projects and Council Districts:
Please see the attachments for more information.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
6. You have been invited to the following events:
• Dome Top and First Creek Neighborhood Groups Cleanup on May 18th, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., at the Tacoma Dome, located at 2727 East D Street.
• 2013 Port of Tacoma Annual Breakfast on Thursday, May 23rd, 7:30 to 9:30 a.m., at the Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center, 1500 Broadway.
• The New Nativity House Groundbreaking Ceremony on Wednesday, June 5th, 11:00 a.m., at South 14th Street and South Yakima.
• Wapato Hills Park Public Meeting #2 on Wednesday, June 5th, 6:00 p.m., at the STAR Center, Discovery Room, located at 3873 South 66th Street.
• Communities in Schools Tacoma’s Annual Luncheon on Wednesday, June 5th, 11:30 a.m., at the Hotel Murano, located at 1320 Broadway.
• Annual Wine & Roses Event hosted by the Greater Metro Parks Foundation on Saturday, June 22nd, 4:30 p.m., at Point Defiance Park, located at 5400 North Pearl Street.
Weekly report with attachments
Weekly and monthly report archive
City Manager's Office
747 Market Street
Tacoma, WA 98402
Phone: (253) 591-5130
Assistant City Manager
Assistant to the City Manager